Thursday 18 July 2013

Birds & Bones

My latest bird piece titled "Searching" for my solo show in August at Monymusk Art Centre (Ink & Gold Leaf)

Searching- Ink & Gold Leaf

I also had a lovely invitation to show in Boston as part of the Bad Apples group show "Bone" at Sonelab Recording Studios in September. Its quite a tight deadline but I hope to complete 3 pieces. They are all interlinked and reflect the theme of "Bone".
I lost my beautiful old cat "Sphinx" this week, she was 19 years old and had a wonderful kitty life but we will miss her so badly- I'm working through my sadness just now by making these new pieces in tribute to her, so they also feature cats.

Here is a peek of the first one "Release". This one is ink and Silver Leaf, my first try using the silver- I'm not certain if I like it so much yet, but this mini-series of works will have the silver for now and I'll see how they are after framing.........I might yet change to the warmth of the gold :)
The next two pieces are ready for inking so I will pop back tomorrow and share some WIP's.


Release- Ink & Silver Leaf 



No comments:

Post a Comment