Thursday 6 June 2013

Seeking Wren
Another little birdie piece complete- This one is the first in a pair of "Hide and Seek" wrens that I'm working on. If you have young children you will know all about computer games but there is nothing more fun than all those old traditional playground and street games. I think we forget how to stop and "play" when we get older outside of organised sports and things so these drawings are about the "importance of play" at any age. Next time you are crossing a stream, why not stop for a game of Pooh Sticks (guaranteed to make you smile).

     
On the Drawing Board
Sometimes I will draw and ink an artwork to completion and other times I might have a few drawings that are just bursting out and anxious to get onto the paper. Right now I have a few of these that I'm working on and hope to share them soon- I have a "spider" piece for the Bad Apples monthly theme "Phobia", A Frog Prince, Leda and the Swan and my Drawing Down the Moon piece in various "stages". Look forward to sharing them with you soon. This little wren is waiting for its "play mate" too and there is a blue tit in the works.

Hope to squeeze in some play time today too as the sun is out :))

6 comments:

  1. oh yes, let's play.

    I have just found you and your art recently and i think it is entirely charming and a joy to see! I love all your details and textures. may i ask, do you also use ink to color your pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tammie Lee :) Yes I use Fineliners and Micron pens for drawing and ink pigment pens for the colour, sometimes a little highlight or two in coloured pencil or metallic pens xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so kind to respond. it is fun to look at your art and imagine how you go about making it. I love your unique style and feel as though i am stepping into a story or different realm when i look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much- that's a lovely compliment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Tammie..looking at your artworks transports the viewer into a different realm. It's like being lost in fantasy land where everything is possible and it is never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much Jocelyn :))) xx

    ReplyDelete