Friday 12 April 2013

 A Little Weekly News Round Up
Teeny Tiny Original Artworks
Now that my large scale works are finished for a while I thought I'd share with you what I have been up to this week. The first thing I wanted to do was draw something really tiny. So I had a bit of fun doing some 1" squared drawings, the "inchies" were done using a 0.05 pen on tinted pastel paper.
I thought they would look sweet framed for a desk or curio cabinet- jewellery makers could even mount them into a pendant piece. The bird and hare are still available, if you want to take them home with you drop me an email for details on ainver@f2s.com.

From Top-
Inchie Bird
Inchie Cat 2- SOLD 
Inchie Fox- SOLD
Inchie Rabbit- SOLD
Inchie Hare
Inchie Owl- SOLD

My lovely tweed "pen-roll" was made by local maker Joanna Howarth



 Inchies- OOAK Originals (1" Squared) by Anita Inverarity

Sanctuary
I have started working on some new small pieces for my Summer shows. This one is "Sanctuary" and I see it as one of the follow on "companions" to "Whisper of the Sith". I think this one will be headed to the annual Deeside Artists Exhibition in Banchory (dates to follow).


Next on the Drawing Board
I don't actually have a drawing board, I do all my work on my knee (even the big ones) but here's whats up next- I'm looking forward to continuing with my small works and gold-leafed birds for now. The last of my recent "Goddess" pieces "Orla" is on her way to her new home so I will be returning to this theme too. I'm almost certain the next one will include a dragon :) Look forward to sharing with you soon.


Orla and her squirrel friend is off to her new home soon

No comments:

Post a Comment